Do we sound like a damaged document yakking on and on about e-mail advertising and marketing? Sure! Do we care? No!
We’re fired up proper now about ensuring nonprofits are following e-mail advertising and marketing greatest practices. We’ve just about devoted the whole month of February to e-mail advertising and marketing coaching.
So till we see these stats change, we are going to proceed to metaphorically scream on the high of our lungs in regards to the Nonprofit Email Apocalypse.
At the moment’s focus is on Email Welcome Series.
So yeah, solely 26% of nonprofits have arrange an e-mail welcome collection to new subscribers. Not nice. (We’ll get to that 16% re-engagement stat subsequent week.)
We all know you’re busy and we by no means inform you to do one thing simply because. So let’s speak about WHY that you must be doing this.
Initially, folks anticipate on the very least a single welcome e-mail. Secondly and most essential to you – folks that learn at the very least one welcome e-mail learn greater than 40% of subsequent emails for the subsequent 180 days.
Want extra proof it is a good thought?
Email advertising and marketing platform, Klaviyo discovered, “Welcome collection emails obtain 63% larger open charges, 86% larger click-through charges, and 83% larger income per recipient (RPR) than your common e-mail marketing campaign.”
For those who want extra stats on the ability of the welcome e-mail, go right here, right here, right here, and right here.
Hopefully I’ve satisfied you adequate to at the very least look into some greatest practices for an e-mail welcome collection. Listed here are just a few:
- Ship from an e-mail tackle they will reply to
- Make it really feel private
- Match your branding
- Restrict your calls to motion
- Embrace data that would be the most useful for them
And some years in the past Kerri Karvetski shared these choices of what to supply in these emails:
- High sources out of your web site
- Your greatest weblog posts
- Downloadable white paper or book
- Cellular app
- Low cost
- Invitation to volunteer
- Invitation to signal a petition
- Invitation to attach on social networks
- Invitation to donate
Now, I wish to ask you:
Are you able to commit an hour to get your welcome collection going?
If that’s the case, we invite you to affix us for subsequent week’s Leap Begin Your Email Welcome Series.
It’s a 60-minute workshop the place we are going to share the method behind making a welcome collection, then provide you with samples and templates that you’ll customise DURING the workshop when you have got Kivi and different members to assist. You’ll go away with a primary draft you possibly can share together with your group and full by yourself.
The workshop is simply $49 and you’ll get:
- Coaching on what an e-mail welcome collection is and the best way to set it up for your nonprofit.
- Steerage on making essential selections earlier than writing your welcome collection, together with
- An important factor you need new contacts to know. You don’t wish to overwhelm new associates, so that you must prioritize what you inform them.
- Probably the most participating or thrilling factor they will do subsequent. They’re with you now, however how will you retain them with you?
- What number of emails and the way typically? We advocate you begin with three over the course of per week or so, however you possibly can take into account alternate approaches too.
- Pattern e-mail collection templates and questions that will help you create your first drafts. You’ll get entry to samples and templates for your welcome e-mail collection so that you don’t have to begin from scratch.
- Time to work in your first drafts. You’ll have time through the Leap Starter to start filling within the blanks and enhancing copy which you could then add to your nonprofit’s e-mail templates.
Leap Begin Your Email Welcome Series
60-Minute Leap Starter Workshop
Introduced by Kivi Leroux Miller
Thursday, February 18, 2021
1:00 – 2:00 pm ET (10:00 – 11:00 am PT)
Register now for solely $49